Bankruptcy Attorney San Diego
Bankruptcy is a kind of legal process in which a person who is not able to pay the money he has taken form some other person. In this case with the help of a bankruptcy attorney San Diego, he/she can file a bankruptcy case that can protect him legally. All of the debtor’s assets are measured and evaluated, and the assets may be used to repay a portion of outstanding debt.
San Diego bankruptcy attorneys are professionals who can help you in all this process and will guide you in each and every step. At Bankruptcy Law Center, we are committed to helping you through this often daunting process, empowering you to exercise your rights and become free of the debts that are weighing you down.
Types of bankruptcies which you can file
There are 2 types of bankruptcy which are deal by a bankruptcy lawyer San Diego:
Chapter 7 bankruptcy – The individual files chapter 7 when he has nothing left with him other than the precious possessions. If they wish to wipe off the debts in lesser time, then they chose the option.
Chapter 13 bankruptcies – Here, the individual is not in a hurry to pay the debts; instead, he wishes to make the payment with his income. He needs some changes in the credit plan with the help of the attorney.
Things to remember before the person applies for the bankruptcy case
- You need to find the right bankruptcy lawyer for your problems who has an excellent success rate in the past without thinking about the expense.
- And also should be aware that you have to expose everything about your bankruptcy situation before and during the case.
- And also have to arrange for some money because every court case has some rates for running the entire situation smoothly.
- Keep yourself free for attending all the meetings with creditors or debtors and present in the court hearing.
Chapter 7 or liquidation bankruptcy also called liquidation bankruptcy. In this, the court appoints people to see your case. And those people job is to sell your assets to distribute them among your creditors whatever money been raised. Creditors must submit authentic papers to receive payment. The trustee can’t take all your assets. You’re permitted to keep certain “exempt property” so you’re not stripped of everything you need to live and you have a foothold to get a fresh start.
Some of the things which are not sold are:
- Some Retirement account
- Property necessary to earn
Thus it’s a very complicated process that is involved in filing bankruptcy in court. But you can always hire a San Diego bankruptcy lawyer to make these work easy for you.
Benefits of Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
- No future garnishment or lawsuit regarding debt
- Eliminates debts
- Stop creditor harassment
- You are able to keep your properties. Some of them.
How to file chapter 7 bankruptcy in San Diego
- File petition. The petition includes the introduction of the case for which the attorney to fight.
- The next step is to fill all the bankruptcy restructuring form. You have to list all the creditors along with the amount that you owe them.
- List all your current income as well as the list of the property in detail.
- Once you file for bankruptcy, the creditors will stop trying to collect the amount, and it would be an automatic stay.
- The creditor takes the next step where they discuss with the bankruptcy judge for further action. In case they get permission, they will continue the operation; otherwise, they would be under stay.
Under this, a new payment plan is introduced. A person who has an income can file for chapter 13. The new plan can be as long as 5 years or less. Also, known as Wage Earner’s Bankruptcy. Hire a professional bankruptcy lawyer San Diego to file bankruptcy error-free.
Advantages of chapter 13
Chapter 13 provides many advantages. Some of them are as follows:
- Chapter 13 provides an opportunity for a person who owns money to protect its property to be sold or closed.
- It has very long term benefits.
- Allowing you to pay what you can afford,
- Discharging debts you do not pay in full,
How to file chapter 13 bankruptcy in San Diego
- Make sure this the right choice for you
- Hire a professional bankruptcy attorney services
- Analyze your debt.
- Value your properties
- Get to know your monthly requirement
- Fill bankruptcy form
- fill the form and pay a fee
- provide the trustee with documents and your assets
- Attend 2 hearings
- make payment
- post filling course
- get discharged
Why hire a bankruptcy lawyer services?
Get out of debt San Diego by hiring a bankruptcy lawyer who will tell you how you can get free. Other reasons are as follows:
Bankruptcy Law: A professional bankruptcy lawyer San Diego services are required for bankruptcy procedures and laws which are extremely complicated and requires a professional approach. A professional bankruptcy lawyer will is familiar with all the laws and procedures and with its experience, he will be able to help you with the best help possible.
Bankruptcy options to choose: An experienced bankruptcy attorney in San Diego who is familiar with the bankruptcy rules will know which bankruptcy options you qualify for. Some may be inappropriate or even illegal for your situation. Once you know which bankruptcy options you qualify for, an experienced bankruptcy lawyer will know which options, including non-bankruptcy options, are best for your current financial situation.
Asset listing: You might lose less if you choose the assistance of a professional bankruptcy attorney in San Diego. Many things are to be considered while listing assets. If not done carefully you could lose more than you should. Always choose a professional as he has the experience and knowledge for listing assets.
Harassment: Once you choose to file a bankruptcy with the help of a professional San Diego bankruptcy attorney. Then threats from creditors or the people you own will be stopped. As now you are protected by Law.
Less Stress: We understand how stressful it is to have a huge debt in your head. Stress is the main cause of many other problems. To have a stressful life hire a professional bankruptcy lawyer San Diego services for getting the best legal advice for your bankruptcy case.
Common mistakes people do is they try to file bankruptcy on their own. It is a big mistake that must be avoided. Contact us to hire a professional to guide you for filing bankruptcy.